Making online payments can be a convenient and secure way to pay for goods and services, but sometimes things don’t go as smoothly as we’d like. If you’re having trouble making a payment using Remita, a popular electronic payment platform in Nigeria, you’re not alone. Here’s what you need to know to troubleshoot the issue and get your payment processed successfully.
First, it’s important to understand how Remita works. When you make a payment through the platform, you enter your payment details and choose your preferred payment method, such as a debit card or bank transfer. The payment is then processed and sent to the recipient, who can access the funds through their own Remita account.
If you’re having trouble making a payment, there could be a number of reasons why. Here are some common issues and how to resolve them:
- Insufficient funds: If you’re using a debit card or bank transfer to make a payment, make sure you have enough funds in your account to cover the amount you’re trying to pay. If you don’t have enough money, the payment will be declined.
- Payment limits: Some payment methods, such as debit cards, have daily or monthly limits on how much you can spend. If you’re trying to make a payment that exceeds these limits, the payment will be declined.
- Technical issues: If you’re having trouble accessing the Remita platform or entering your payment details, it could be due to technical issues on their end. In this case, you should contact Remita customer support for assistance.
- Fraud prevention measures: Remita has a number of security measures in place to prevent fraud and protect your personal and financial information. If the platform flags a payment as suspicious, it may be declined.
Recently, the Remita platform has developed an issue that usually results in loss of money and waste of time for its clients. since all Federal government funds are paid using the Remita platform; this is now a national issue and requires special attention.
if you are a victim or are willing to make any payment online using the Remita platform any time soon then listen and listen carefully.
I am talking from experience, I have lost many funds (even though I filled a chargeback form which is yet to be processed) while using the platform and would like to share with you how I finally solved this issue keep reading.
what usually happens is, after filling the remita form and generating your Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) number, you have multiple payment options to choose from. If you are paying online using your master card and then proceed to make the payment online.
The point where the issue arises is when you have supplied your OTP (Soft or Hard) you get one of these responses:
- Transaction successful but will freeze at Finalize and will just keep loading endlessly
- Transaction Blocked please try again
- There was technical difficulty registering your account. Please try again later
There might be other responses but these are the ones I personally encountered. at every instance your account will be debited so Do Not Make Another Payment Again!!!
- First, generate your RRR number the normal way
- after generating the RRR does not make payment on that page.
- Go to remita.net
- Click on Pay an Invoice
- Input the RRR number you generated and click on validate
- Fill in your info on the page displayed and Voila!!!
- Done and Done (By God’s Grace)
If you have any difficulty following the above procedures just drop a comment and I will guide you.
It’s worth noting that there are a number of other factors that can cause payment issues, including problems with your bank or payment processor, errors on the recipient’s end, and more. If you’re having trouble making a payment using Remita and none of the above steps seem to be helping, it’s a good idea to reach out to their customer support team for more guidance.