Today I am going to show you how to generate the Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) number that is used for most of Federal Government transactions and payments. Remita has become an essential part of Federal Government and State Government transactions and has become the only mode of payment to the Treasury Single Account (TSA) which was implemented in the past years.
The remita platform is used mostly for the following transactions:
- Federal Road Safety Corps fine payment
- Any payment made to Unity schools
- Any payment made to Federal universities, polytechnics and colleges of education
- Payments of Tender fees
- and just any biller that uses the remita platform.
If you are having problems with payment check this post
To generate your unique RRR number you need to have one of the following:
- A smartphone
- Computer system
Steps to follow.
- Connect to the internet using your phone or a modem (when using a personal computer PC)
- Go to the remita website at www.remita.net using your browser ( I will recommend chrome browser for both PC and mobile phone)
- at the top of the page you will a search bar that you could easily use to search for the biller/agent you are paying or use the “PAY FGN’s and State TSA” close to the nose of the pretty lady on your left (Hahha)
- Let’s say we are paying FGC Daura (My Alma mater) school fees.
- You write ‘FGC Daura’ in the search bar and select the result shown.
- This will not take you to a new page where you fill in your information regarding the payments you want to make
- On name of service/purpose select from the drop-down menu the service you are paying for (in this case school fees)
- On the GIFMIS code you contact the agency/biller (FGC Daura in our case) you are making the payment to
- Some payments come with item list where you tick as appropriate
- On the description you describe the type of service you are paying for (School fees)
- The amount to pay is most of the times dependent on the type of service you are paying for but atimes you have to fill the amount to pay yourself (like when paying for tenders etc)
- Select the currency you are paying for that is Nigerian Naira or if you’re paying in dollars you select US dollars
- Fill in your name, your phone number and email address
- Select the mode of payment from the drop-down menu which can be either:
- Internet banking
- PAGA/perfect money
- Bank branch
- MasterCard or VISA card
We are only going to cover “Bank branch and MasterCard”
If you choose to pay at the bank branch after verifying you are human by ticking the “I’m not a robot” tick box click submit.
on the resulting page you will see your unique RRR number which you can either print to take to the bank or copy it down and use it to fill your deposit teller at the bank.
If you choose to pay using your ATM card either VISA card or MasterCard
Put your card holder name, card number which is on the front of the MasterCard or VISA card, the expiry date of the card and the CVV number which is located under the card. You then verify that you are a human and not a robot and click submit.
after clicking submit you will be redirected to the MasterCard Secure Code site where you authenticate the payment using one of two options (or three depending on your bank)
- A hardware token
- A One Time Password (OTP)
- A secure pass (UBA)
The hardware token is supplied by your bank upon request which can then be used to authenticate all payments used with your account.
The OTP is sent to your registered mobile phone number and expires after each usage (or 5 mins of not usage)
Click on the OTP link and wait for your one-time password which will be sent to your registered phone number which you should input on the next screen to authenticate the payment
After the payment is approved you should be able to print your receipt which is the proof of payment.
A copy of the payment receipt will also be sent to the e-mail you supplied while registering so make sure you use a valid email address Especially those paying FRSC fine, those folks will not accept your payment without payment receipt.
here are GIFMIS Code for paying Federal Road Safety Corps FRSC Offence tickets.
Please add others you know in the comments below Thanks.
I have made an illustrative video on my Youtube channel which you can view here
If you have any issues while making Remita payments feel free to contact me via my number or e-mail address.
please leave a comment.